Date: 26-27 October 2017, 9 am-4 pm
Venue: MBC Room, Philippine Social Science Center
This training course is an expanded version of the previous Training Workshop on Privacy Protection in Research. It aims to introduce participants to the principles of and regulatory requirements for data privacy, and teach privacy protection tools and techniques. Over the course of two days, the participants shall learn:
- Principles of data privacy
- Data Privacy Act of 2012
- Duties and responsibilities of a Privacy Officer
- Researcher’s privacy protection tools
- Data types and cycle and privacy protection planning
- Privacy impact and risk assessment
- Privacy protection in research design and conduct
- Data and record management
- Privacy protection techniques in quantitative and qualitative research
Blended learning methods, including interactive lectures, readings, hands-on exercises, and group workshops, shall be employed.
This training is intended for researchers, academics, and data administrators from the government and private sector.
Prof. Peter A. Sy (UP Diliman), Chairperson of the Privacy Expert Group, DOH-DOST National Governance Steering Committee and Technical Working Group on eHealth, will serve as resource speaker.
Registration fee is PhP5,500, inclusive of meals, USB and certificate of completion.
1. Register online
2. Pay through Paypal
*email a scanned copy of your deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PSSC shall refund 50% of the fee if it receives the cancellation by October 15.
- Cancellations received from October 16 onwards shall not be refunded.
- PSSC accepts substitution if the registered participant cannot attend the training.
Slots available: 30
For queries, call 929-2671 or email email@example.com.